BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Music Video

Album Cover

Album Cover

Website

Wednesday 7 September 2011

What Music means to me

Children - Robert Miles



This track was what got me into the dream trance genre. When I was about 7 or 8, I spent a lot of my time on the computer while listening to this track. I feel as though this track defines my childhood because of its constant beat. There are many different threads in this track, they all go in different directions, but the beat is always there, keeping it on track, binding it together into a coherent piece of music. I can apply that to my childhood, as I always to slack off, but my Mum would keep me working so that I'd do well in school. I appreciate the efforts now.


Somewhere I belong - Linkin Park



This song reflects my early teenage life. I felt really lonely because I was so socially awkward (and still am). I didn't feel like a part of any group so I was on my own for most of my time. I'm sure that there were attempts to befriend me but I didn't understand how the friendship dynamic worked and I just felt that no one liked the stuff I did or understood why I was how I was. I wanted to find my place in society. This song describes my desire perfectly. It was also one of the first ever Linkin Park songs I listened to. My friend brought over the Meteora CD one day and I was hooked instantly.

Firework - Katy Perry



Firework is a song that I feel reflects my life currently. I feel as useless and lonely as I did in my young teens, but now I have a glimmer of hope, mostly provided by my art and my friends. There's a future in sight for me now and everything is slowly coming together. If I can put my talents to good use, then I'll never want for use again. One of the problems I have right now that the song covers is my lack of self confidence. I don't think I'm good at anything, it's especially hard when my Mum keeps comparing me to people who work harder than I do, or people who just have more talent than I. It's kind of depressing, but I just have to keep my spirits up.

0 comments: